Pyroscan-U - Combustion Thermal Monitoring with External Pyrometric Camera
- High-performance 1.2 Megapixels external pyrometric camera
- No external cooling unit required; a zero maintenance and calibration-free tool
- Versatile and accurate thermal mapping for the control of waste incineration processes
From outside the combustion zone, highly accurate thermal mapping
Specially designed to perform thermal monitoring and mapping of any object inside a furnace, reactor, boiler or kiln, from outside the combustion chamber while looking at the area of interest through a standard window, Pyroscan-U is a megapixel pyrometric camera that captures both visible and infrared HDR (High Dynamic Range) images of the burning zone. Equipped with user-friendly and customizable Pyroscan software, that runs on a remote computer in the plant control room, high-resolution images are provided for an acute image of the combustion stages to provide accurate temperature measurements in real-time over 1.2 million points within the field of view. Additionally, advanced functionalities within the software also include automatic flame front detection, multiple ways for setting alarm thresholds, real-time statistics on temperature measurements over user-defined free-form areas, anti-dust filtering among others for the highest performing thermal monitoring and process management solution.
Flame front monitoring in waste incineration process
Effective thermal monitoring for high-temperature processes
With over 30 years of expertise in high-end infrared sensors and thermal image analysis software in industrial thermography applications, Pyroscan-U was specifically designed to reduce the cost of ownership of thermal monitoring systems in high-temperature processes by observing through a protective window. With no external cooling unit required, extra maintenance costs are eliminated and the ruggedized, compact camera requires only minimal installation time, with connection to the control room by a fiber optic cable or Gigabit Ethernet connection. Through OPC client or 4-20mA outputs, temperature information is transferred to the Distributed Control System (DCS).
Pyroscan-U is the ideal system for accurate thermal monitoring in waste incinerators, with specific algorithms for real-time flame front monitoring developed through a partnership with a global leader in the waste to energy industry. Additionally, since Pyroscan-U detects any and all changes from the burner or process adjustment, raw meal and fuel composition variations, it is also adaptable for many other extreme environments like boilers, smelters, kilns, furnaces, or heaters.
Temperature and shape monitoring of a stream of molten metal
- HDR videos in real time (camera dynamic range >120dB)
- Through industry-standard interfaces, connection to DCS (Distributed Control System)
- Accurate and wide (700 °C to 1800 °C) temperature range, and a 1296x966 pixels resolution
- Dedicated software for real-time thermal monitoring:
- Real-time statistics analysis (min, max, mean curves) on selected areas
- User-defined alarm thresholds (on min., max. or differential temperatures)
- Historical data management - Video and data record/playback functions
- Automatic flame front monitoring
- Video export to .avi files
- Definition of an unlimited number of temperature measurement areas (line, free-form polygon or single point)
- Anti-dust filter and embedded image processing
- Large selection of color-coding tables for optimal image legibility
- Accurate 24/7 temperature surveillance for flame monitoring and tracking of flame front
- Using sharp and contrasted visible and thermal images, effective real-time monitoring of high-temperature processes
- Automatic process control and failure detection
- User-friendly and powerful thermal monitoring tool, easily interfacing with plant DCS
- The hottest flames and the calcined materials in the darkest areas are visible on the same images, without under-exposed or bloomed zones
- With no required maintenance and calibration-free, compact and cost-effective solution!