Forward Operating Base Surveillance
In theater, defense and security forces often operate in isolated, high-risk surroundings outside of developed areas, making 24/7 surveillance around these bases vital to both mission success and overall troop safety, but it's not always easy, and there's always the risk of unexpected threats coming from any direction.
Challenges specific to FOB security:
- 24/7 persistent surveillance of ultra wide areas
- Harsh environmental conditions: extreme heat, cold, precipitation
- Necessity for quick, adaptive deployment
- Payload limitations on tower
- Limited access to resources, utilities
- Potential for false alarm due to cluttered environment
- Operators with minimal training
- Integration with existing long-range PTZ cameras, radar, C4ISR systems
Utilizing advanced thermal imaging technology to monitor activities in a full 360-degree panoramic field of view in real-time, Spynel infrared camera systems operate in the 3-5 or 8-12µm spectral range, and automatically detect and track all targets coming into view using complex algorithms. The ultra-wide panoramic IR sensors can add to the capability of radar and long-range systems by providing high resolution, Multi Mega Pixel images in total darkness and inclement weather conditions. Spynel essentially operates as optical radars combined with powerful analytics to provide data feed provided by Spynel to operators in theater to quickly and effectively pinpoint targets on the horizon to gather forensic intelligence on insurgent or terrorist activity on the ground. Operators are then able to go back to a scene and replay and analyze an incident after the fact to identify enemy CONOPs.