Electrical Power Substation Perimeter Security
Early detection is the key to preventing potential attacks on electrical substations from copper theft, vandalism, accidents and other activities that could disrupt the stability of the power grid. It has become crucial and even mandatory for utility companies to implement a perimeter security system that can detect and deter intruders approaching a substation.
The electrical substations are located in isolated areas and the 24/7 surveillance of these substations is monitored remotely, from one unique remote control room. Even though the early warning of an intrusion inside the substation is important, the continuous surveillance and tracking of the site assets is critical to provide an accurate situational awareness of the damages caused to respond appropriately.
While video surveillance cameras have long been established as an effective perimeter security solution, they require extensive infrastructure to install and maintain. Spynel thermal camera provide a cost-effective and fast deployment surveillance solution, with limited infrastructure to ensure accurate electrical substation security. They are especially used to detect and track in real-time threats inside and outside the physical perimeter of the substation.
Challenges to Ensure Electrical Power Substation Perimeter Security
- Provide a 24/7 imagery for isolated locations enabling medium and large area coverage
- Reliable, autonomous security system with low power and low bandwidth
- Detect and track multiple threats in real-time inside and outside the physical perimeter of the substation
- Easy integration with other security and facility systems, including Video Management System (VMS), Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) camera
Spynel Thermal Camera is the Solution to Electrical Power Substation Surveillance.
Spynel infrared imaging cameras provide an early warning and an opportunity for rapid and accurate detection over large areas, regardless of the outdoor conditions. Spynel is able to detect people, vehicles and any objects beyond the fence line of a substation, trigerring alarms when intruders approach the facility.
With its 360° real-time detection and recording, Spynel meets the requirements of autonomy (power/bandwidth), provides day&night images with very low false alarm rates, and is fully passive.
- Spynel-X : The ultimate Seach & Track Infrared System
- Spynel-S, 360° Infrared Detection System
- Spynel-C Panoramic Infrared Thermal Camera
- Spynel-U Low-Maintenance System for Perimeter Intrusion Detection
- Spynel-M Thermal Radar for Intrusion Detection
- Cyclope Advanced, Automatic Intrusion Software for Spynel