Critical Infrastructure Protection
The past 10 years have seen terrorist threats on critical assets nationwide and national assets abroad on the rise, making intrusion detection and perimeter security a priority for the private sector and government alike. While traditional security measures such as CCTV cameras and patrols can help address these concerns, night surveillance requires additional surveillance equipment. Making security challenges even more difficult, each critical site’s environment is varied and can sustain high traffic at different times of the day from local staff, visitors, and animals that do not pose any real threat.
Challenges specific to critical infrastructure include:
- Be able to integrate with current security system
- Wide-area, 24/7 perimeter surveillance
- Survey and automatic detection, tracking of all threats in real-time
- Possible normal traffic around monitored areas during the day
- Need to have an undetectable, passive system
- Operator fatigue
Spynel camera systems can provide exceptional day and night security for a wide range of governmental buildings and applications thanks to its unique 360-degree protection for outdoor perimeter intrusion detection.
- Nuclear plants
- Military Bases
- Oil rigs, refineries, LNG/LPG terminals
- Security for embassies, national monuments, government buildings and federal reserve banks
- Crowd control for marches/demonstrations near government facilities or during highly visible events
- Protection of Federal dams and waterways